Last Updated and Effective: August 10, 2020
Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate our Services, and indirectly from third-parties sources, such as our member organizations. The information we collect may include the following:
- Name and Contact Data, such your first name, last name, job title, company name, address, your email address, phone number.
- Demographic and Profile Data, such as your age, gender, preferred language, interactions with our member services, feedback, and survey responses.
- Credentials, such as login information (username and password).
- Technical Data, including internet protocol (“IP”) address, cookies, web beacons, clear gifs, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Services.
- Usage Data, such as information about how you use our Services (for example time of day, duration of visit, pages visited, actions taken on pages, or other automatically collected meta-data), and/or our products and services.
How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect about you to:
- Provide you our Services.
- Improve our Services, develop new offerings and perform analytics.
- Personalize your experience when utilizing our Services.
- Respond to your questions, comments, and requests for information.
- Process your conference, webinar, or event registration and provide you with information related to your participation in the conference, webinar or event.
- Send you emails and other material, from time to time, that CRN believes may be of interest to you regarding other CRN products and services:
- You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time using the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of CRN emails
- Communicate with you about your account or membership.
- Notify you about changes to our Services.
- Protect the security and integrity of our Services.
- Protect our rights and property.
- Comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, or for any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information for the purposes listed above with:
- Our members.
- Vendors or third-party service providers that support us in providing Services.
- Conference, webinar or event sponsors. These sponsors may use your information in connection with the conference, webinar or event. The sponsor may also contact you about its products and services. If you have any questions about third party sponsors with whom your information may be shared for a specific conference, webinar, or event, please contact email@example.com.
- Law enforcement or regulatory agencies, if required to do so by law or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- Other entities in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition or other reorganization of our organization.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you set up an account on our Services, you may login and access, correct or delete the information associated with your account.
Our Services use “cookies” (a small, unique identifier text file) and tracking technology to help us gather information such as browser type and operating system; whether you accessed this website through a third-party link; and the number of visitors to this website and how visitors use this website. This information allows us to better understand how people use this website and improves its features.
If you prefer, you may opt out of the cookies by modifying your browser setting to decline cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block certain cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our Services.
Our Services, its products, and services are not directed toward children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from children under the age of 13.
Links to Other Websites
Our Services may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these linked websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these sites before providing any personal information.
We have taken appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data by implementing reasonable technical and physical security measures based on the type of data we process. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Do Not Track
Our website does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
European Union and United Kingdom Residents’ Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) or the United Kingdom (UK), you may have certain additional rights, as detailed below. For purposes of this notice, “personal data” has the meaning ascribed in the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
What Legal Bases Do We Use to Process Your Information?
To process your personal data for conference, webinar, and other event registration, we rely on the following legal bases:
- For the performance of a contract we have with you where you have registered for a conference, webinar, or other event.
- Your consent, where you have expressly provided us with consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data.
- For compliance with legal obligation to which we are subject (such as tax obligations and when we are obliged to comply with lawful requests from competent authorities such as law enforcement).
- For the purposes of our legitimate interest (such as tailoring your experience on our website or during the conference, webinar, or other event), provided that such processing does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
The processing may also be pursuant to other applicable legal bases for data processing. To the extent that a legal ground described above would not apply to processing of your personal data, we will seek your consent for such specific purpose in accordance with applicable law.
What Are Your Rights as an EU or UK Resident?
To the extent a specific element of our processing of your personal data relies upon your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
If you wish to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Data Privacy Rights: Below please find information on additional rights you may have under applicable law:
- Access: You may request that we confirm whether we are processing your personal data. If we are, you may request a copy of your personal data, which we will provide free of charge, together with information about the processing, such as the purposes of the processing and the categories of personal data concerned. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. For further copies, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs. We may decline requests which are excessive, particularly if repetitive.
- Rectification: You may edit some of your personal data or ask us to change, update, or fix your personal data in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Erasure: You may request the erasure of your personal data.
- Restrict Processing: You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, such as if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held.
- Data Portability: You may ask for a copy of your personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit this data to another entity.
- Object: You may object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation under certain circumstances, for example for direct marketing. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us, unless there are overriding compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or as otherwise provided under applicable law.
Please note that these rights may be limited under applicable laws.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
Date: May 25, 2018
Readers and viewers are advised that the information and documents available on this website (Content) are intended for general educational and informational purposes only, do not constitute medical or legal advice, and are not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a physician, attorney or other licensed professional. The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) makes no warranty, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the Content, and in no event shall CRN or its employees be liable for any damage of any kind resulting from the viewing or use of the Content. References to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, do not constitute any standard set or enforced in any way by CRN or imply any endorsement or recommendation by CRN.